Thursday, May 3, 2007

Getting back into the swing of things

A victim of my own procrastination, I have worked myself to death trying to get ready for Taste of Carolina AND keep things going on Ebay. I knew that I was going to do TOC since last fall, but I waited till the last minute to get things ready. I think I was practically in a coma on Sunday, thanks to the all of the wine I overindulged at Saturday's festival.

It was fun though. We had a blast. I have to admit that I felt a little weird in the midst of so many people. I think that being such a reclusive person over that past year has made me a bit anxious in large crowds. Honestly, I don't know if it's really the crowd that makes me nervous or if it's just me but I tend to think it's the latter. I don't maintain myself the way I used to. Obviously, sitting at the torch for 8-12 hours a day is NOT good exercise and the flame doesn't exactly give you a pretty golden tan. lol

So, that's my new personal focus. I want to keep working hard, but I need to get back to being me. I need to find the time EVERY SINGLE DAY without excuse, to get on my elliptical for at least 20 minutes. I also need to stick to this diet. I have 15 lbs to shed. I can't blame that on the torch, I've packed on about 5 lbs per year for the past three years since I stopped being obsessive over my weight. I think I'll stay away from the tanning beds though. Besides, a golden tan will only enhance the chroma of the burn marks on my hands and arms.

You know what? I miss painting too and I miss gardening. As a newbie, lampworking and jewelry making on a full time basis means working round the clock. Last year flew by for me like no other year before it. That may be because I love what I do with such a passion. Like they say, "If you love what you do for a living, you'll never "work" a day in your life." Well, I DO love my job. I love melting glass and I love crafting things out of the glass that I make. It gives me a level of satisfaction that I never imaged possible with any other career or profession. Having a consistent gateway in which my creativity can flow has even opened up a spiritual conduit that allows me to see things in a different perspective today than I could have a year or two ago. Sounds strange, I know but it's none the less true.

I want to thank all of you that come here to read as I ramble and I want to thank those of you that have supported me as an artist. You guys keep me going and without you, I'd have no reason to want to push my artistic ability to the next level. So . . .Thank you all for your kind emails and encouragement because it means the world to me. Your words lift my spirits on even the grayest of days.

Most of all, I want to thank my husband. He is the absolute foundation of my happiness. He is my identical soul, and I am his. I shudder to think of my life without him, so I won't even go there. Instead, I'll just be thankful that somehow by the grace of fate, our 3,000 mile long path crossed and it was there that we found each other.

2 comments:

holdinyou07 said...

and thanks me too! Because im your daughter and mean tons lol. jk momma. I love you very much. UR the best. Zack's show went great. He has two more coming up. Im so proud of him mom. He is so talented, sometimes i get jealous because he is doing so much, and i feel like im doing so little. He has friends who he sees and care about him. It really does make me feel bad sometimes just because i am jealous. Well im gonna go its 2am. I love ya momma.

AshtonJewels said...

Ah sweetie. . .Don't be jealous. Just be happy for him. One little word of advice though, don't get so wrapped up in what he's doing that you forget to nourish and grow your own talents. You are good at so many things . . .A true STAR as far as I am concerned. You WILL find your place in this world, just as I did. I was totally clueless at 18 and I don't expect that you are any different. For now, enjoy your youth, your great complection and the fact that your body parts are still in the right place. . .When you truly "find yourself", your talents will be there waiting to be explored. I was 35 before I really got to know my own. Try lots of things because you never know what might be hiding in the simplest of notions.
I love you too darlin. . . :-)