Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cheesy bead set names . . .


I know the names come across a bit cheesy at times. If I could get by with it I would name them "Black and Ginger" beads or "Pink and Gray" beads. I suppose that would not be as much fun though. . .



I named this set "Egyptian Divinity" as a result of the influence that inspired the design. As a former muralist, I have done several Egyptian Tomb paintings. One of my favorites was of King Ramses tomb and it featured a life size depiction of "Isis". Her collar was turquoise, jade, gold and ivory and I thought it was just beautiful. I had always been intrigued by the headdresses, collars and jewelry worn by the Egyptian Deities as expressed in the tomb paintings. Anyway, that's a little info on the inspiration for this set of beads as well as a pretty good excuse for the cheesy name.

Guess I'd better go hit the torch. . . See ya again soon!!

No comments: