Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Tribal art

I admire those artist who can find a style and stick with it for awhile. I try to do that but I get so incredibly bored that I have to constantly change direction. Lately, I haven't felt very challenged at the torch because I seem to have run out of ideas. The round beads that I have been doing lately are a great deal of fun to make but I think I need a little change, even if only for a minute.

Last night I received a spam email that had something to do with tribal art tattoos. While I don't have one, I have always admired them. The graphic nature of their design never fails to make me think. I like their dramatic look. While they tend to be whimsical, many still maintain a symmetrical balance that harmonizes with the overall design concept.

The email drew me in, hook, line and sinker and I had to visit the site to look at the art. As I sat there clicking through each photo, I couldn't help but to wonder what they would look like on a bead.

I think I found my next challenge, now I can only hope that I don't pull my hair out trying to figure out how to do it. lol

No comments: