Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season!

This year, my husband and I are staying home for the holidays. We had planned to spend Christmas in CA with my husband's family but couldn't work it out so we will hope to get there next year.

Normally, since we couldn't go to CA, I would choose to make the trip home to my mom's ranch for the holiday. However, my daughter has to work on Christmas Eve, as well as the day after Christmas. Rather than hustle and bustle, a nice Christmas dinner at home seemed like a beautiful idea so that is how we are going to spend our holiday.

I have been thinking lately about how lucky I am to be a full time bead artisan. Many of those thanks go out to you . . . Thank you for the encouragement, kind words, and of course, thank you for purchasing my beads because without you, I would be sitting behind some desk in a cold office building, wondering if I would ever find my place in this world.

From my family to yours, have a very happy holiday and prosperous new year!

1 comment:

equanox1 said...

Hi. Sorry, this may not be the place to ask a question, but I live in Lexington too, I'm 17 (a guy), and I live with my grandma Joyce Kirk, and I was wondering is there any place in Lexington I could go to learn about glass blowing? Like doing it myself? Not only am I a creative person, but I'de like to give glass blowing a try. This may seem weird, but Ide like to try blowing glass pipes, like tobacco pipes. I've seen a ton of them by really good artist and they just blow my mind away at how creative they are, and the colors are incredible. I've seen a couple video's on youtube.com of them creating glass pipes. I'm currently out of school (getting G.E.D., and don't have a job yet)(and really dont do much but sit a design things on the computer) But is there any where in Lexington I could learn this art? If you could email me at: equanox1@yahoo.com, it would be greatly appreciated and my name's Cory Kirk.
Thanks