Monday, January 7, 2008

Special Order Bead Category

First, I want to thank those of you that utilized the "special order bead" option that was offered in my online catalog. Expanding this category to offer more options for ordering was one of my goals. I have since changed my mind and I would like to explain why. . .

Like many other lampworkers, I tend to use a lot of silvered and reactive glasses in my work. That can make the recreation of certain pieces very difficult. Sometimes a reorder may take me 2 or 3 attempts at the torch in order to create one bead that looks like the original. It's unfortunately NOT a practical way for me to do business.

Doing the same work over and over again also keeps me from having the freedom to evolve my style and it hinders my discovery of the techniques that grow my skill as an artist.

I do want to stress though, that if you see something that you missed out on, you can still get it via custom order. Just shoot me an email for further info.

Current orders that are in house for special order beads will be filled and shipped this week.

If you have questions, please send me an email.

No comments: